From Roster Management administration, click the "Import CSV" link at the top of the page - a pop-up window will load. From here, you can download a LeagueStat.com import template that contains the fields that can be imported to the database for your configuration.
Most databases contain the following fields (accepted values)
- Last Name (Text Field)
- First Name (Text Field)
- Shoots (L or R - used for skaters)
- Catches (L or R - used for goalies only)
- Jersey Number (Integer)
- Position (Must match positions in database, positions can be customized for each configuration. Default values are "D" "RW" "LW" "C" "RD" "LD" and "G")
- Height (Decimal - 6'1 = 6.01, 5'10 = 5.10)
- Weight (Integer)
- Birthdate (Date - must be in the YYYY-MM-DD format)
- Hometown (Text Field)
- Homeprov (Text Field)
- Rookie (0 if the player is not a rookie, 1 if the player is a rookie)
Column headings must match the column headings that are provided in the import template.
Note: First and Last name are the only required fields for a successful import. It is highly recommended that the jersey number field be completed prior to import.
Once you have completed the import file, return to the pop-up window to upload your file. The LeagueStat.com system will attempt to match players within your CSV file to players that already exist within the database in an effort to prevent duplicates. Players that were matched to existing players in the database will be displayed at the top of the page. New players to the LeagueStat.com database will be displayed below.
Click "Close" to return to Roster Management Administration.